This time of the year does a serious number on my skin.
I love coconut oil, and the wonders it does for your hair and skin. However, the star of this recipe is definitely the shea butter is naturally rich in Vitamins A and E which help to sooth, hydrate and balance the skin. Because of its soothing nature, anti-inflammatory and rejuvenating effects, shea butter is a perfect ingredient to incorporate into your body care recipes and skin care regime.
These lotion bars make the perfect Christmas, shower, birthday or just because gift.
Homemade Lotion Bars
1 cup beeswax, grated or pellets
1 cup raw shea butter
1 cup coconut oil (unrefined or cold pressed)
20-30 drops essential oil of your choice
optional: vitamin E oil
lavender - calming
peppermint - for sore muscles
1. Combine wax, butter and oil in a double boiler. Bring water to boil.
2. Stir ingredients constantly until they are melted.
2. Remove liquid from heat and add essential oil.
3. Carefully pour hot liquid into molds. Make sure to work quickly as the wax will begin to set when removed from heat.
4. Allow to cool and harden completely before removing from molds.
If you can, buy bees wax pellets. It will save you a lot of effort having to grate the bees wax block. If you do choose to grate your own, be sure to invest in a separate grater. If you use your kitchen's cheese grater, it might ruin it.