Found in the deli section, Effortless Meals from Walmart meals are convenient to purchase, help provide healthy, fresh options for dinner and create a positive mealtime experience for your family. My favourite is the rotisserie chicken meal - a 29oz rotisserie chicken, 2 lb side salad of your choice (potato, macaroni or cole slaw) and a 2L Coca-Cola. Chicken not your thing? Then why not pair that 2L Coca-Cola with a 16'' pepperoni or five cheese pizza. These effortless meals allow me to prepare a meal for my family in no time, leaving more time around the table for catching up and sharing the day.
Leftover Chicken Salad Wraps
Makes 6-8 small wraps
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup red or green grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, slightly roasted
- 1/4 dried cranberries
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (or 1 cup mayo)
- 1-2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice (only if using Greek yogurt)
- Small handful of dill, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lettuce (optional)
- 6-8 small tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350F for roasting slivered almonds. Spread almonds in a single layer on cookie sheet. Check every minute until they're the desired colour (i.e. light brown).
- Shred leftover rotisserie chicken.
- Add chopped chicken to a large bowl along with grapes, green onions, toasted slivered almonds and cranberries. Mix together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper. Adjust ingredients to taste.
- Stir all ingredients together until just combined.
- Allow the salad to chill for several hours, or overnight before eating.
- To create the wrap, lay the tortilla on a flat surface. Add a piece of lettuce and dollop of chicken salad mixture. Roll up and enjoy!