In need of a simple, yet sweet, holiday treats recipe for your upcoming holiday office party? Try this recipe for easy, no-bake Oreo truffles. Don't let the word 'truffles' fool you - they are so easy, that this is even the perfect recipe for kids. And, they only require only three ingredients. Yes, 3! That’s it. They also look quite impressive, and in my hopes, might give people the impression that I spent hours in the kitchen whipping up these little beauties.
Each batch makes around 36 truffles, which sounds like a decent amount, but trust me, they don’t last. You maaaayyyyy want to double the batch. Enjoy!
Easy, No-Bake Oreo Truffles
Makes approximately 36 bite-size truffles
- 1 box of Oreos (regular or mint)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- white chocolate chips or wafers
- topping of your choice: red and green sprinkles, crushed candy canes, etc.
- mini muffin cups (optional)
- Start by crushing the Oreos. You can either put them in a plastic ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin or use a food processor.
- Mix one 8 oz package of softened cream cheese with the crushed Oreos. Make sure it is blended well.
- Shape mixture into 36-40 balls. Ideally, you want them to be bite-sized.
- Refrigerate balls for around an hour to help firm them up. This will make them much easier to work with for the next step.
- Melt the chocolate (I used the microwave for 1 minute, stirring after 30 sec intervals) and, using two forks to help you coat them evenly, dip each ball into the chocolate.
- Once dipped, placed the truffle on a piece of parchment paper or wire cooling rack. (I used a wire cooling rack to allow the excess chocolate to drip off.)
- Once the first coat has hardened, you may need to do a second coat of chocolate.
- Sprinkle with topping of your choice to make them look fancy and festive. Serve in a mini muffin cup.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
What is your favourite sweet treat to make during the holidays?