Make the most of this winter season! Check out these 50 essential outdoor winter activities that your whole family will enjoy.
Happy first day of winter!
I love living in a place that experience
I will admit, I am pretty happy to see a thick layer of white stuff on the ground this week. The first day of winter just isn't the same without a little snow. And Christmas just isn't Christmas if it's green. So, here's to hoping it hangs around for the weekend.
Don't let winter be an excuse to stay inside all day. Just because the temperatures are cooler and the sun may be hiding, doesn't mean you should go into full hibernation mode. Whether there is snow on the ground or not, whether you are young or old, make sure to take advantage and get outside this winter with these 50 essential outdoor winter activities.
50 Essential Outdoor Winter Activities
- Go on a winter hike.
- Look for animal tracks in the snow.
- Go downhill skiing.
- Go on a winter photo safari.
- Make a snow sculpture.
- Go snowshoeing.
- Go ice fishing.
- Collect evergreen boughs, pine cones, etc.
- Make a winter wreath or table piece.
- Look for birds' nests.
- Enjoy the holiday lights displays.
- Go sledding.
- Build a snow man.
- Have a snowball fight.
- Go skating.
- Relax in a hot tub and watch the snow fall.
- Play a game of pond hockey with friends.
- Feed the birds.
- Warm up around a winter campfire.
- Go snowboarding.
- Set up a winter scavenger hunt.
- Do a good deed and shovel your neighbours' driveway.
- See the Northern Lights.
- Visit a winter farmer's market.
- Sign up for a polar plunge.
- Go cross country skiing.
- Take a winter camping trip.
- Make snow angels.
- Go snow tubing.
- Enjoy the stars at night.
- Go snowmobiling.
- Take your dog for a walk.
- Build a snow fort.
- Go dog sledding.
- Make snow paint.
- Grab a pair of binoculars and go birding.
- Check out a local snow or ice sculpture festival.
- Go ice wine tasting.
- Join an outdoor curling league.
- Plan an outdoor picnic.
- Go for a run.
- Attend a local winter festival.
- Create an outdoor weather station and monitor snowfall.
- Check out a maple syrup festival.
- Explore a new area, such as a local park.
- Create a backyard ice sculpture.
- Create your own hot cocoa recipe and drink it outside.
- Bring your flashlight and go for a walk at night.
- Visit a local zoo and see how the animals enjoy winter.
- Enjoy the snow fall.
What is your favourite outdoor winter activity?