Scallop & Chorizo Bites with Lemon-Wasabi Yogurt
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp wasabi
- zest 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 bag sea scallops (toonie-sized), thawed
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- thin sliced chorizo dry sausage (1 per scallop)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- chives, cut into 1 inch lengths
- To make yogurt topping, combine yogurt, wasabi, lemon zest and juice in small bowl. If too spicy, add more yogurt. Refrigerate.
- Pat dry scallops with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Brown chorizo in a skillet on medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes each side. Pat dry to remove excess oil. Set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium-heat, add olive oil. Sear scallops, 1 to 2 minutes a side, until firm and lightly browned.
- Arrange chorizo slices on a platter. Layer the scallop and a small dollop of yogurt mixture.
- Garnish with a piece of chive. Serve warm.
Remember - when making seafood choices, look for one of the three logos below to know you are making a sustainable choice and the best one for the environment. For example, diver-caught or farmed scallops are the most sustainable options when it comes to scallops.
|Vancouver Aquarium Ocean Wise // Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch // Marine Stewardship Council|