When browsing the aisles at our local Bulk Barn, I came across this dried pasta. How cute is this pasta?! The bear, moose and maple leaf shapes were perfect for my theme. Now all I needed was a pasta recipe to go with.
With the addition of some tasty ingredients, including bacon (because you can't leave bacon out of a Canadian-themed party), I whipped up this delicious Canadian Pasta Salad recipe. Also known as Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad.
- 1 package pasta, such as rotini or penne
- 10 slice bacon, cooked
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp powdered ranch mix
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 can black olives, sliced and drained
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente, about 8 minutes, and drain.
- Cook bacon over medium-high heat, or until evenly brown. Drain grease and chop.
- In a large bowl, mix mayo, ranch mix, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Stir in mix until smooth.
- Place pasta, bacon, tomatoes, olives and cheese in large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour. Toss with additional milk if the pasta seems dry.
What is your go-to party recipe? Do you have a favourite pasta salad recipe?